1. Download the project
You can do so HERE. After unzipping you will see following folders:
- etc – folder with server configuration for Apache/Nginx/IIS and a permissions script
- upload – project source files and db folder containing MySQL database (installer will import this)
2. Set up your website
- Copy content of “upload” folder to your server
- Try to avoid sub-folders and complicated structures, upload project to the root web folder / public html directory
- Folder permissions are setup by default. If you experience issue with permissions see how to setup permissions. You need to right click the folder, and change the “numbers”. Try to open your website in browser, installer will test the permissions and tell you if you need to change them.
Permission Rules: all folders should be 755, except: “_cache/”, “_config/config.envs.php”, “_tpl/”, “uploads/”, “blog/content”, “admin/_tpl/_cache” – all these folders should be permitted to 777
- Create database for your project and finish the single click installation in the browser. For the App Url, use your domain without http (eg. “domain.com” or “localhost”)
Installing on OSX / MAC ?
Have a look at setting up virtual hosts on MAMP guide.
3. Emails setup
Well Done! Your own job board project is online and working now. One more important thing to set up is your mailer. You need to connect recruiters with candidates and notify both sides when a job application occurs. This is also required for website subscription and contact form to work.
Open Admin -> settings -> mailer settings and setup the “Admin Email” address. Here you will receive mails from the contact form. From this email address the candidates and employers will receive all the website messages. If you enable SMTP, they will start receiving emails from “SMTP username” email address, as SMTP will serve as a transfer agent.
By default, Simplejobscript mailer uses phpmail() function, which in most cases will not deliver the message. Better option is to set up SMTP for your email:Open admin settings and set up SMTP. You can use SMTP servers of Zoho Mail, Gmail or any other provider. See HOW. Inside your provider’s email settings you should allow your application to access and log in with your credentials. By default, this option is usually restricted. Click HERE to see how to allow it with Google
This will make emails on your website working and you are good to go. If you have just created your Gmail account, after you enter the credentials into job board and reload the page, try to login into your Gmail account again. For new accounts, Google requires a phone verification. Until you do not verify your account you will be not able to use SMTP / email forwarding. In case you scale your website and get more traffic, you should consider paid SMTP service as they offer bigger data transmission plans. You can also schedule a cron job and send out a newsletter periodically with the latest jobs or your marketing message. In the administration area you are able to export all your subscribers’ email addresses into a CSV file, which can be then imported into transactional email provider websites such as Sending Blue, Mailchimp or Amazon SES. There you can send marketing messages easily without setting up any cron jobs. You can read more about this in the customization guide.
4. Blog setup
Do not forget to set up small settings that will make the difference. That includes your “fav” icons, Google Analytics tracking code and SEO texts. Have a look how to customize your website. If you have any questions, please say HELLO. Our team wishes you the best of luck with your project.